SEC. 2. CONSTRUCTION OF FENCE ON SOUTHERN BORDER.
- Section 102 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (8 U.S.C. 1103 note) is amended–
- (1) by striking `Attorney General’ each place such term appears and inserting `Secretary of Homeland Security’;
- (2) by redesignating subsections (c) and (d) as subsections (d) and (e), respectively;
- (3) in subsection (b), by striking `subsection (d)),’ and inserting `subsection (e)),’; and
- (4) by inserting after subsection (b) the following:
- `(c) Construction of Fence on Southern Border-
- `(1) IN GENERAL- In carrying out subsection (a), the Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide for the construction of a fence along the entire southern border of the United States.
- `(2) AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS- There are authorized to be appropriated $2,000,000,000 to carry out paragraph (1).’.
- With all due respect to our fearless leaders… what are they thinking?? Do they think a wall will really keep illegal immigrants out?? Sometimes I wonder what they really do up there.
And those kids who are ditching school so they can protest the Immigration laws… Why aren’t they in school. I wish somebody could do a study on how many A/B students were out there in the streets "protesting". I kept hearing the kids say that everybody should have an equal opportunity to improve their lives…. hmm – if we US citizens were to travel to other countries illegally, use up resources without paying taxes, and send our money back home – how many countries would welcome us – I can’t think of a one!! Can you?? I have to go to work now and watch more kids skip school, chant in spanish, and wave some other nation’s flag. Thank god we live in a country where they can do that, eh???
Let me know what YOU think…